About Our State-of-the-Art Technology
- Velscope Oral Cancer Screening
- i-CAT® Scan Next Generation
- PRP (Platelet-rich plasma) for Accelerated Healing
- NOMAD Pro: Handheld X-Ray System
- Qivana’s QORE® System
In order to offer patients the very best and most cost effective dental care possible, Gasser Dental has enlisted the support of advanced dental technology and cutting-edge techniques in the diagnosis and treatment of the full suite of dental problems and ailments. What this means is that we are able to cater comprehensively to our patients’ needs, all from ONE office, no matter how complex their problems are and what kind of diagnostic or treatment equipment they need to get the job done. In most cases, we can do this in one sitting and in as minimally invasive and cost effective a manner as possible!
In this page, we shall introduce you to some of our state-of-the-art diagnostic technology and implant therapies starting with our sophisticated cancer screening equipment…
The VELscope® Vx Enhanced Oral Assessment System, or just VELscope®, is a handheld device that can be used to detect suspicious abnormalities in the oral tissues that may otherwise be invisible to the unassisted eye. These abnormalities could very well be precancerous or even cancerous and so the use of VELscope® is quite critical in the early detection and successful treatment of potentially fatal disease!
How Does it Work?
Dr. Gasser makes use of VELscope® in conjunction with a thorough head, neck, face and oral examination and, unlike many other cancer detection methods, can be done very conveniently in one sitting and with immediate results. The VELscope® handheld scanner emits a painless and totally harmless blue light which is directed by Dr. Gasser over all the surfaces of your mouth. The healthy tissue in your mouth reflects the light in a distinct pattern, which is disrupted – thereby making it visible to the dentist – by abnormalities such as fungal, bacterial or viral infections, physical trauma, neoplastic lesions and disease (see image below).
So, while you’re having your teeth cleaned or your mouth examined, Dr. Gasser can perform a quick inspection using VELscope® to ensure that all of the soft tissues in your mouth (throat, tongue, palate, gums and inner cheeks) are beautifully healthy.
Why is VELscope® an Important Tool in any Dental Office?
As you can see in the picture shown above, VELscope®, which is highly sensitive to changes in the soft tissues, highlights the presence of potentially dangerous abnormalities that would otherwise be totally invisible to the dentist’s eye! And so, the use of this cancer detection tool can facilitate the earlier detection of possibly cancerous growths and lesions, thereby substantially increasing a patient’s chance of complete recovery.
Statistics indicate that the 5-year survival rate of patients diagnosed with oral cancer in 83% when discovered early! VELscope® makes this possible, which is why we consider it a fundamental piece of equipment to be routinely used for the protection of our patients.
For more information about the VELscope® system, please check out their Website at www.velscope.com
The award-winning i-CAT® is a sophisticated diagnostic and treatment planning machine that produces high quality, high resolution three-dimensional images of a patient’s head, neck, jawbone, teeth and oral soft tissues. These images, along with the i-CAT® software, enable Dr. Gasser to plan all kinds of dental surgeries, such as dental implant, TMJ, orthodontic and bone grafting surgeries, in great detail before the patient even comes in for the procedure.
i-CAT® is easy to use and has totally revolutionized the way dental surgery is performed. Having one of these advanced machines in our office puts Gasser Dental a step ahead of other dental implant facilities and enables us to offer our patients safe, convenient and highly effective treatment outcomes… all from ONE office.
The Benefits of i-CAT® Technology
Traditional X-ray technology only permits dentists to view the dental and bone structures of their patients in two-dimensions, but not the soft tissues, nerves and blood vessels. The digital images produced by i-CAT® are not only 3D, but also provide Dr. Gasser with highly detailed views of all the structures in a patient’s mouth: soft tissues included.
Additionally, these images can be manipulated to allow Dr. Gasser to view the patient’s teeth and jawbone from every conceivable angle. The i-CAT® software enables Dr. Gasser to highlight certain features, such as important nerves and blood vessels, and plan – step-by-step – a patient’s surgery in a way that is as effective and minimally invasive as possible.
- i-CAT® greatly decreases the risk of accidental trauma during surgery.
- It allows for more accurate diagnoses and successful treatment.
- It has reduced the invasiveness of most dental procedures and surgeries.
- Because of the previous point, recovery time is shorter and far more comfortable.
- Radiation levels are low and can be controlled and minimized by the dentist.
- Greater clinical control: The time of surgery is typically reduced and success almost always guaranteed.
- Enables Dr. Gasser to take on far more complex patients that may previously have been turned away by other dentists.
- i-CAT® takes ultra-fast scans, which are converted to digitally images really quickly.
For more information on i-CAT®, check out their website http://www.i-cat.com/products/
Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy is a relatively recent development in the treatment of tooth loss with the use of bone grafting and dental implants. This adjunctive treatment is gaining greater acceptance in the field of dentistry and has shown enormous success in speeding up the healing of the jawbone and the growth of new, healthy bone tissue around dental implant and bone grafting sites.
What this means is more effective dental implant treatment and shorter recovery periods for patients who have lost a lot of jawbone volume as a consequence of living for many years without natural teeth or with archaic teeth replacement devices, like removable dentures. These patients might otherwise not be considered candidates for dental implant treatment!
How Does PRP Therapy Work?
Platelet-Rich Plasma is actually sourced from a very small sample of the patient’s blood in a quick and painless procedure, which is much like having a blood test done. We run the blood through a centrifuge to separate the red blood cells out from the plasma and the clear liquid that’s left behind is potent in its regenerative abilities. This is mixed into a gel, which is then applied directly to the bone grafting site or the tooth sockets being prepared for implant healing.
The platelets in your plasma are the tiny soldiers responsible for healing and the regeneration of your body’s tissues. Making use of platelet-rich plasma is therefore a very safe procedure and has practically no risk of allergy, because it is 100% compatible with your body’s healing processes.
The Benefits of PRP Therapy
- PRP therapy harnesses your body’s own regenerative powers to heal and to promote the growth of new, healthy jawbone tissue.
- Attaining the PRP is a totally safe, quick and painless procedure that can drastically reduce recovery time associated with dental implant and bone grafting surgeries.
- According to the scientific literally, PRP therapy can initiate the growth of new bone around an implant in just two weeks. This reduces the period of recovery time required between the placement of the implants and the attachment of the permanent crown or bridge.
- Accelerated and totally natural healing.
- Platelet-Rich Plasma therapy is such a recent development that only 10% of implant dentists across the country actively makes use of it. Dr. Gasser is one of those dentists and enjoys seeing speedier, healthier recoveries in his patients because of this fantastic breakthrough in implantology and bone grafting.
The NOMAD® Pro from Aribex is an advanced handheld X-ray device that is totally portable, is incredibly versatile in its applications and, for the benefit of the dentist, is easy to use! The NOMAD® Pro boasts a handsome suite of programmable settings, including exposure and radiography speed. It is, essentially, a lightweight, portable X-ray machine that does all the work of a conventional X-ray. It’s also extremely safe, quick and caters comprehensively to the needs of patients.
Benefits of NOMAD® Pro X-Ray
- It’s portable and doesn’t need to be plugged in, so it can be transported from room-to-room.
- It can be used for patients of all ages and specific dental needs.
- It’s safe, efficient and comes with a backscatter shield to protect the dentist and dental assistant from unnecessary radiation.
- NOMAD® Pro produces high-quality X-ray pictures for diagnostics.
- Its full color LCD screen and easy-to-use interface saves both Dr. Gasser and the patient quite a bit of time.
- Minimal radiation dose to the patient.
- Long battery life, so Dr. Gasser can obtain hundreds of X-rays from a single battery charge.
Click on the link for more information on the NOMAD Pro X-ray System.
Here at Gasser Dental, we believe firmly in taking a holistic approach to your dental care. One of the ways this belief is demonstrated is in our partnership with Qivana and in particular, their QORE® nutritional system. Patients who have had dental implants placed and especially those who have had full mouth reconstruction can expect to go through an initial recovery period of a few weeks. During this crucial phase, these patients won’t have optimal functionality of their new teeth and because they will need to rest their jaws in order for their implants to heal, they will be cautioned against eating anything hard, crunchy or resistant.
Unfortunately, this prohibits most items on the standard menu and as such, these few weeks can become quite unpleasant for patients who may suffer from lethargy associated with not eating enough. Dr. Gasser and his team thought long and hard about the different ways we could make dental implant recovery quicker, more effective and far more pleasant for our patients and we came up with our partnership with the Qivana QORE® nutritional system!
The Qivana QORE® nutritional system is a delicious supplement that aids in the healing process, while restoring and replenishing your body’s vital nutrients and energy levels. It also boosts your immune system, promotes a healthy inflammation response (which is important during recovery from surgery), improves sleep and enhances digestion.
By using the Qivana QORE® nutritional system, you can enjoy a much quicker, healthier and comfortable recovery from implant surgery.
For more information or to direct order product please contact our Qivana rep by email: email@example.com